We were having friends over for dinner the other day. I had planned this fancy salad with pears, dried cherries, glazed pecans, and goat cheese. I originally planned on using store bought dressing to save some time, but after further pondering, I decided I should up my game and rock some homemade balsamic vinegar dressing. With a fancy salad bursting with all that flavor I couldn’t lame out for the dressing. This balsamic dressing was super delicious and was a crowd pleaser. It kept really well in the refrigerator too. I think using the immersion blender helped keep the oil from separating.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp honey (I used raw honey)
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. I used an immersion blender to mix the ingredients thoroughly. Pulsing the blender a few times was enough to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- If you want a thicker dressing, use less water.